Saturday, November 24, 2007

Chapter 15


Frannie woke alone the next day, finding a note on Jon’s pillow.

You were sleeping so peacefully I didn’t want to wake you. I had a meeting but will be back later. Make yourself at home.

-J

Frannie stretched and lay back against the pillows. She thought back to what Jon had said to her in the wee hours of the morning stay here with me until you find something. Should she? When she thought about it, other than going to a hotel, she really didn’t have any other option except to stay in her own house and that wasn’t an option. She loved her independence, but at 39, she was tired of being alone. Even if it was only for the time being, she decided to stay.

After showering and getting Sophie fed, Frannie wandered through the house, finding herself in the solarium or sun room. She set Sophie in the baby seat she had retrieved from Romeo’s room and settled on the chaise to sip her tea. As she took in the view Frannie realized this would be a great place to draw. She set her tea down and picked up her sketch book.

*************************

Jon’s meeting this morning had been with Dot and their lawyers. It had all been very amicable yet surreal. It was hard for him to believe that with a “sign here, initial here” from his lawyer and a swipe of his pen, eighteen years of marriage was over and done with. He and Dot had walked out together, riding the elevator to the garage in silence. As they were about to go their separate ways Jon turned to her “Dot I…” she stopped him. “Don’t Jon, just … don’t.” She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and squeezed his hand, “this is for the best; it just wasn’t working anymore. I’ll always love you, but I just couldn’t do it anymore.” He didn’t say anything. He just looked at her, wondering how his life had come to this. He kissed her one last time, “Good-bye Dot.” They parted and headed for their respective cars.

As Jon drove through the gate and up the drive he thought about who was waiting for him on the other side of the door. It was nice to know that there was someone waiting for him and he wasn’t going to walk into an empty house today. He didn’t think he could handle being alone right now. He sat in the car for a minute, just looking at the house. It wouldn’t ever be like it was, but maybe with the woman inside, it could be a home again.

Jon walked up the front steps and opened the door, wondering where Frannie was. He hung up his coat and walked through the house looking for her. He stopped in the doorway of the solarium, the scene in front of him bringing a tear to his eye.

Frannie had stopped sketching and had picked up Sophie. She fed and her and was standing in the middle of the room gently swaying back and forth, singing quietly to the nearly sleeping baby.

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

As she sang the last of the song she caught sight of Jon standing in the doorway. She gave him a smile and a shrug as she set the now sleeping baby down on the chaise and placed a pillow across, just in case. “Hey” she said as she turned back to Jon. He crossed the room to her and hugged her tightly. Frannie wrapped her arms around him, returning the hug. She pulled back so she could see his face and immediately knew something wasn’t right. “What’s wrong?” He shook his head, afraid to speak at the moment and just held her. She rubbed his back lightly and spoke quietly, “whatever it is Jon, you can talk to me. I don’t know that I can give you any advice or answers, but I can listen.”

He drew in a shaky breath and stepped away from her, taking her hand and leading them to the couch. Frannie watched him and waited for him to say something. Jon leaned forward, his elbows on his knees, raking his hands through his hair. “You saw my note this morning right?” He looked over at her, she nodded “yes.” He took her hand in his and turned his gaze to the window, “my meeting this morning was with Dot and our attorneys. I just signed and initialed the last eighteen years of my life away. Except for the papers being filed, I am now officially divorced.” He told her about the conversation with Dot in the parking garage and his thoughts as he pulled up to the house. “Have you decided what you’re going to do yet Frannie?”

With her hand still in his, she took her free one and turned his face to hers, “I’d like to stay, if that’s still all right with you.” Jon smiled for the first time that day, “it’s more than all right baby.” She kissed him lightly, “I’m going to need to get some of my and Sophie’s things though and I am going to have to call Geena.” He shook his head and smiled, “we will take care of everything baby, don’t worry.” She shivered at the thought of going back into her house. Jon felt her tremble, “are you okay?” She frowned, “just thinking about going back into my house, into my studio.” He pulled her close, “I’ll go with you baby, you don’t have to go alone.”

They sat wrapped up together for a while; each garnering strength from the other. After a bit Frannie looked up to find Jon gazing down at her, “thank you for being here Frannie.” She raised her head and captured his mouth with hers. It had been a tough day for him and she wanted to ease the sadness she saw in his eyes, ease the pain she was sure he was feeling around his heart. She eased her mouth from his, glancing over to make sure Sophie was still asleep.

Bringing her mouth back to his, she kissed a trail from his mouth down his neck to the top button of his shirt. She nipped at his adam’s apple as her hands opened the buttons and spread his shirt open. She ran her hands over the silky hair she found there, her mouth following the path her hands were making. She ran the tip of her tongue around his rapidly hardening nipples. His hand threaded into her hair, pressing her against him. He gasped as she moved from one to the other, goose bumps breaking out on his flesh.

Sliding to the floor in front of him, Frannie kissed her way across his hard abs, circling and dipping into his navel, stopping at his belt. She glanced up at him; his face was a portrait of ecstasy. His eyes were closed, his mouth was slightly open, his breath was coming in pants. He didn’t move as she opened his pants other than to lift his hips so she could slide them down. She ran her hands lightly up and down his thighs, spreading them for better access.

Frannie nipped lightly up the inside of his thighs, pausing when she heard his breathing become more labored. She looked up at him, “are you okay hon?” He just nodded his head. Frannie ran her tongue up and down the crease of his thigh, not touching where he wanted her to the most. “Baby…” he trailed off as he felt her tongue circling his balls before taking each one, in turn, into her mouth. She gently released him and then ran her tongue up the underside of his hard length, licking at the tip where a drop of fluid had escaped.

He could feel her warm breath on him and the anticipation was killing him. “Baby, please” he all but begged. She took him then, in one slow glide she took him deep. He let out a guttural groan as she moved her mouth on him, wanting the feeling to last forever, yet wanting the sweet release he knew was coming. With long slow glides and short shallow thrusts she brought him ever closer to release. He fisted his hand in her hair, urging her on. She sucked harder and as she teased his balls he came with a grunt and a groan.

She took everything he gave her, releasing him and resting her head on his thigh when he had gone soft again. The hand that had been wrapped in her hair loosened its grip and the fingers stroked her head, “come here baby” he whispered. Frannie rose to sit next to him and he pulled her close, kissing her gently. Easing back he looked at her. Her face was flush and he could see her nipples pressing against her shirt. She had enjoyed that too. He ran his hand over the front of her shirt, teasing the hardened tips that were so evident. As he slid one hand up inside her shirt, Sophie started fussing. Frannie grabbed his hand, “hold that thought.” He smiled at her, “you can count on that baby.”

6 comments:

Joviswoman said...

Wow sign your name and 18years have gone poof! Scary thought.

She needs to stay and make a life with Jon. She's been through waaay too much. Stability is needed.

Steph, erm .... loved how she made him feel better.

The Goddess Hathor said...

I'm with Gail. I'd've, um, enjoyed that too *blush*. They're each what the other needs. Great chapter.

Starr said...

Glad to see Frannie decided to stay with Jon if only for awhile. Poor Jon, she's just what he needs, especially now. And vice versa.
Great sex scene too Steph! Sensual and hot!

Look forward to the next and nice work!

jonsguttergirl said...

Agree with the others Great chapter. Jon is exactly what Frannie needs. Something tells me she's not going to need to find another place...she's already found it.

Anonymous said...

Love the chapter. Sign and initial your life away, isn't it the truth....glad she's staying and Jon's not alone.

Ummm, yeah, hold that thought....

JBJHarleyChick

Opester said...

Great chapter-steamy and tender both! And I love the pics you have on each page-where did you get all these great photos-I thought I had every one ever taken, but I didn't have these-LOL!