Friday, November 16, 2007

Chapter 14


Long after Jon had fallen asleep, Frannie lay awake, her body exhausted but her brain whirling a mile a minute. So much had been happening lately; she needed to sort it all out. Rolling onto her back she looked over at Jon. Even in slumber he was beautiful. She reached over and stroked his cheek; he’s been so good to me.

Not wanting to disturb him she slipped from the bed and wrapped herself in the blanket that was on the back of a nearby chair.

Gazing out the window into the darkness she gave thought to what Jon had said earlier about him helping her. She liked the thought of not being alone. She turned to look at him; I could fall in love with him. With a sigh she turned back to the window.

She hadn’t had much luck in the romance department of her life. She was 39 with an infant daughter and, until a few short days ago, had no man in her life. That alone should have been enough to scare Jon off. If that hadn’t been bad enough, she had dragged him into the nightmare that called itself her life. She looked over at him again, would he still be there when it was all over, when there was nothing left for him to fix? Turning back to the window she dashed away a tear that had slid down her cheek. He has his own very busy, high profile life, his own set of problems to deal with. He shouldn’t have to deal with my crap, I should be helping him.

Jon watched her, wondered what she was thinking. Soundlessly he slipped from the bed and moved up behind her, wrapping his arms around her, “what’s wrong?” Frannie leaned back against him, “nothing.” He pulled her closer, speaking softly in her ear, “don’t tell me nothing baby. You’re standing in front of the window at”, he glanced at the clock “3 in the morning wiping tears off your cheeks. Something’s wrong. Talk to me.” Frannie turned to face him, his blue eyes full of concern, “I’m sorry I dragged you into the mess that is my life right now Jon. You don’t need the hassle.”

He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her forehead, “you don’t have to apologize. I’m glad I was there. You are a special woman Frannie. If I hadn’t wanted to be there, I wouldn’t have been.” She freed her arms from the blanket and wrapped them around him, resting her head against his shoulder, “still, you didn’t have to be and you could have been seriously hurt. I would never have forgiven myself if something had happened to you.” He stroked her back through the blanket, “aside from some bruised knuckles, I didn’t get hurt and that asshole is back in jail where he belongs. Can we move on to the next subject please?”

He felt Frannie chuckle against him. Lifting her head she looked up at him, “I’m going to sell my house.” This surprised him. “When did you decide that?” “While I was standing here looking out the window. I won’t feel safe there anymore and, besides, I need to find another studio anyway,” she shrugged her shoulders, “may as well start all over again.” Jon moved his hands to her shoulders, pushing the blanket off so it pooled at her feet. He ran light kisses across her shoulder, his tongue tracing circles in the hollow at her neck, “you can stay here with me until you find a place, if you want to.” He continued kissing up her neck, making it harder for her to think straight. Her hands moved up from his waist, exploring the muscles of his back, “I do…” was all she managed to get out before his mouth was on hers, his tongue gliding over hers.

Without taking his mouth from hers, Jon urged Frannie back to the bed. Laying her across the bed, he crawled up next to her, letting his hands skim over her, leaving a trail of goose bumps in his wake. She watched as he touched her, fascinated by his hands. They weren’t all that large, but they were clever and they played over her like none other, they knew exactly how to please her. She grasped one in her own and Jon looked at her, surprised by the gesture. He watched as she brought his hand to her mouth, kissing the palm and then lightly sucking on each fingertip. He groaned at the sensation of her mouth on his fingers, recalling what it felt like on his dick earlier.

Pulling his hand from her grasp, he slid it down to caress her breast, his mouth finding hers once again. They shared slow passionate kisses as they caressed and stroked each other. When Jon felt her hand slide down his chest and across his stomach, he stopped her, wanting to maintain his control as long as he could. He laced her fingers with his as he moved over her, parting her legs with his. He slid into her slowly; she could feel ever hard inch of him filling her completely. Jon closed his eyes against the sensation of her fisting around him, trying to hold on. When he felt her hips start undulating against him, he moved, slowly at first, only increasing his pace when he felt her start to tighten around him. “Jon… I’m, oh God” she cried out as the waves of her orgasm washed over. He moved with her through it and, when she started to go over again, he let himself go, following her into oblivion.

When they were breathing somewhat normally again, Jon moved off of her and pulled her close. Tucking herself against him, she could hear his heartbeat in her ear as she finally drifted off to sleep.

Looking down at the woman in his arms, Jon sighed contentedly. He hadn’t felt this satisfied in a long time. By the end of his marriage, he and Dot had been sleeping in separate rooms. Even with the woman he had dated up until he had found Frannie again, he hadn’t felt this fulfilled, this complete. Kissing her head he had a final thought before dropping off into sleep. I hope she stays.

5 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

Oh, Stephanie, what a sweet chapter. Very, very sweet. Great job. Love that he offered his home to her (though I wasn't really surprised) and the tender lovemaking at the end -- sigh. Very nice. Thanks, Steph.

Starr said...

I loved this chapter Steph! Very sensual and loving. I am so glad she is thinking of moving in with him. Hey I'm an independent woman except when I love my man. Then I want to us to wake up together every day in a place we can call home so I hope she does move in with him. He wants her there obviously..

Great work and I look forward to the next one!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jonsguttergirl said...

Steph...very romantic chapter. Frannie isn't going to want to leave once she does move in with him. I really can't wait to see how this story progresses.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful chapter Steph. Very romantic and sweet.

Can't wait for more.

Gail xx