Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chapter 38


Jon waited all morning for Frannie to tell him. She hadn’t said anything to him about her idea and it was starting to wear on him. Once they were settled on the plane and they were in the air, Frannie got out her laptop and slipped the memory card from her camera into the computer and started downloading the pictures she had taken. Jon leaned over to see what she was doing, “what’re you doing?” She ran her fingers through his hair, “getting a jump on that idea I need to tell you about.” Jon smiled and took her hand, kissing her fingers, “am I going to like this idea?”

Frannie smiled at him, “I think you may like it better than my original one. Does that help?” Jon shook his head, “not really since I don’t know what this new idea is yet. Are you going to tell me or do I have to get mean?” She raised an eyebrow, “mean?”

Jon looked over to Geena, she wasn’t paying attention to them and he turned back to Frannie, running a hand up under her skirt, trailing his fingers lightly up her inner thigh, “mean.” Frannie inhaled deeply, “okay, I’ll tell you, just move your hand.” He shook his head, “nope, I like it right where it is.”

Trying her best to ignore the hand that was under her skirt, Frannie turned her laptop toward Jon. “Take a look and tell me what you think.” Jon angled the computer so he could see the screen and started scrolling through the pictures. “These are all of me.” His eyes widened and his hand tightened its grip on Frannie’s thigh at the one she had snapped while he was in the shower. It was just a side shot and you couldn’t really see anything but that it was still a surprise to see himself like that.

He continued to scroll through, hmming at most of the shots. He turned his gaze from the screen to Frannie when he was finished, “I don’t remember you taking half of these. You’re pretty sneaky you know.” She smiled, “I know. You weren’t supposed to know I was taking the pictures; that was the whole point. I’m going to use them instead of having you pose for me.”

Jon opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. She had caught him off guard with that remark. He slid his hand from her, “you don’t want me to pose for you now?” Frannie sighed and turned the computer back toward her, “its not that I don’t want you to Jon, its more that you don’t really want to do it for me. I found another route to take and we’ll see how it turns out. If I don’t like it, no one has to see it and you won’t have to worry about it.” When he didn’t say anything she turned her attention back to the computer.

Jon laid his head back on the seat, closed his eyes and thought about what she had said. She’s right, I really didn’t want to do it but now, I don’t know. He looked over at her; she was scanning the pictures, sorting them, filing them away for future use. She looked up and found him staring at her, “what?” He sighed, “you’re right.” She had no idea what he was talking about. “Right about what?” Jon reached over to her, took her hand, “I really didn’t want to pose for you.” Frannie didn’t look surprised, “I know you didn’t you were just trying to appease me Jon, I’m not stupid.”

His gaze shifted to the window and then back at Frannie, “I know you’re not stupid. I never said you were. I’m just uncomfortable with the whole idea. I’ve never done something like that before.” Frannie shook her head, “yes you have.” Now Jon was confused, “what are you talking about?” She smiled, “have you forgotten a certain set of photos, I’m fairly certain you have said that Elton John has the negatives for. Versace I believe they were?” His cheeks colored, “I try to forget about those. They weren’t supposed to be seen by anyone.”

Frannie finished and closed the computer, “I know and that’s all I’m trying to avoid by changing the direction of the piece I was going to do. I don’t want you to be embarrassed or hurt by what I may do. I’m just trying to protect you and your family by taking this route.” He looked visibly relieved when she said this. He leaned closer to her, kissing her cheek, “thank you baby. I just have one more question though.” She turned her head to look at him, “oh, what’s that?”

He smiled, “what are you going to do with all those pictures you took when you’re finished with them?”

2 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

Sell them to ME of course!! LOL. I like how she "got around" his objections. Why do I think that NOW he wants to pose???

Opester said...

I guess I'm wondering why she can't do a painting with him partially clothed or find a way to convey who he is using his face-we all see so much of Jon in his eyes. A collage of photos can surely capture his many aspects however and i have no doubt he'll be both surprised and pleased when she completes the project. maybe he'll even begin to see himself through her eyes, or ours, LOL!