Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chapter 36


Long after Jon had fallen asleep Frannie lay awake, thinking about this project she wanted to undertake and how she was going to accomplish it if Jon kept blocking her at every turn. She turned her head to look at him, he was so beautiful. She crept from the bed and found her camera, with the moonlight streaming in she had enough light and snapped a couple of pictures. Setting the camera aside she crawled back into the bed and snuggled in next to him. An idea was beginning to form; maybe there was another way to go about this particular project.

For the rest of their time in Turks & Caicos Jon and Frannie spent their days soaking up the sun on the beach, frolicking in the water, just being lazy and not having a care in the world. They took long walks on the beach, they played with Sophie, there were many stolen kisses in the moonlight. Throughout their days on the islands, Frannie took pictures, lots and lots of pictures, some Jon had been aware of and others where she caught him unaware and unsuspecting.

She had decided that instead of having Jon pose for her she would make this more of a collage-type drawing. If he was that uncomfortable posing for him, she would use the photographs and fashion her drawing from those. It wouldn’t be exactly what she had been after, but, hopefully, the essence of what she was trying to capture would come through.

As they dressed for their last dinner on the island Jon looked over at Frannie, “you’ve been quiet today baby, are you all right?” She nodded her head as she brushed her hair, “I’m okay, just a little sad that we’re leaving tomorrow.” Jon moved up behind her at the mirror, “I am too, I’ve enjoyed our week here baby.” He kissed her bare shoulder. She was wearing a strapless red top with her long filmy wrap skirt. “You're beautiful baby, but you’re missing something.” Frannie met his gaze in the mirror, “missing something, what could I be missing?”

He ran his fingers lightly down her throat and across the expanse of skin showing above her top. “You’re awfully bare here darlin’, I think you need a little decoration.” Frannie’s gaze followed him in the mirror as he went to his dresser and then came back to her. He had a small box in his hand and he presented it to her, “I hope you like it.” She took the box and opened it slowly, gasping at what was inside.

The russet of the coral and the blue of the turquoise swirled together in a circle of silver. She lifted it from its resting place and turned to Jon, “its lovely Jon, thank you.” He took the necklace from her and stood behind her, “lift your hair baby.” She did as she was bid and he clasped the necklace for her. The pendant nestled just above the line of her breasts. She fingered it lightly before turning to face him, “I love you.” He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her gently, “I love you too baby. Now let’s go eat.” She smiled and took his hand as they headed out and down the beach.

They dined at Lotus, the second of the two restaurants on the resort and Frannie stayed away from seafood this night. She didn’t relish the idea of spending her last night in paradise on her knees praying to the porcelain god. She’d much rather spend it on her knees in praying to a different God all together. She looked across the table at Jon and smirked at the thought.

Jon was watching her, wondering what she was thinking. She had been distant, quiet since their disagreement a few nights earlier. He hoped he hadn’t driven a permanent wedge between them with his “conditions.” “What’s going on in that pretty head of yours?” She lifted her eyes to meet his, “just thinking.” He nodded his head, "thinking about what?" She smirked again, "praying." He raised an eyebrow, “praying?” She nodded her head as she slid her foot up his leg, “yeah, on my knees.”

Jon’s eyes widened as what she was talking about had finally sunk in and as her foot found its mark. He rested his hand on her foot as it moved back and forth slightly, “Jesus baby, you keep that up and I’m not going to be able to walk out of here.” She stopped moving her foot but left it in his lap, “better?” Not really. He shifted slightly, “it’ll do.”

They sipped their wine and waited for their food to come and Jon decided to broach the subject they had both been avoiding. “You’ve been pretty quiet since the other night. Are you sure you’re all right with what we decided.” Frannie took a sip of her wine and wiggled her toes making Jon squirm. “Actually Jon, I’m not all right with it, but I’ve come up with another idea all together.” Jon almost hated to ask, “what’s this new idea?” She shook her head, swinging her hair slightly, “oh no, I’m not telling you just yet. You’re going to have to wait until we get home.” Jon pouted, “what if I don’t want to wait that long?”

Frannie wiggled her toes against the hard length of him again, “you really don’t have a choice because I’m not going to tell you.” He trailed his fingers lightly over her foot, gently caressing the arch and sliding up her calf, “I bet I can make you tell me.” She eyed him over the top of her wineglass, the determination in his eyes making her smile, “give it your best shot babe.”

7 comments:

Opester said...

I think frannie came up with a good idea-especially if what she is trying to capture is inner and not outer-I think Jon will be more comfortable and sh might be better able to capture his essence this way. Also can't wait to see how Jon exercises his powers of persuasion, hehehe-wonder if he'll manage to get frannie talking? That was a really cute exchange between them and reflected the return of more warmth in the relationship after a tiff and I'm glad as it's nice to see them back on track.

Super_Kiwi said...

I love this, so sweet Steph, my little self indulgence here. I want to see what Jon can get out of her ;)

Nice work.

The Goddess Hathor said...

Steph, the foot in the lap thing is priceless. My toes are actually curling into the rug at the thought of pressing them into his crotch. Yeesh, did I really just type that? lol

And if I were Frannie, even if I wanted to spill the beans, I wouldn't just to have him keep persuading me... mmmmm.......

Opester said...

Aaawwww, Steph, I'm dyin' here! Please don't keep me in suspense any longer!

Opester said...

Now Stephanie, this is just plain mean! I'm in withdrawals here!!!!! Please, please! I'm not above begging!

Starr said...

I think her idea is much better than the previous one.
Good chapter and I too l loved the foot in the crotch thing!

Well done hon!

Anonymous said...

"She’d much rather spend it on her knees in praying to a different God all together."

Absolutely LOVED that line.